Meet Your Newnan Orthodontist
Dr. Mallory Dawson spent her undergraduate career at the University of Georgia, where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree. From there, she attended dental school at the Medical College of Georgia where she met her partner, Dr. Jovas. Finally, Dr. Mallory completed her orthodontic residency at Seton Hill University.
Dr. Mallory is board-certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, an accomplishment achieved by only about 40% of orthodontists in the nation.
Today, Dr. Mallory is thrilled to be working to create healthier smiles with one of her best friends. With her orthodontic expertise, Dr. Mallory can provide high-quality orthodontic care to patients of all ages!
Why an Orthodontist in Newnan?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Mallory continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Mallory has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Newnan Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Newnan orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Newnan orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Dream Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Newnan area.